Audio ViewThe audio view shows the audio used to generate the animation. You can view the audio in spectral view (as shown in the screenshot above) or as a more traditional waveform plot. Select the Audio widget and hit Ctrl + T to switch between the plot types. The spectral view is the default because phoneme boundaries can be seen clearly with it.
The phoneme bar displays the phonemes detected in the audio WAV file. The timing of the phonemes determines the curves that are created to drive the lip-synchronization. Use Tools->Application Options to change the phoneme notation to the one you are most comfortable with. FaceFX supports SAMPA, IPA, and the FaceFX internal phoneme notation.
- Click and drag on a phoneme or word boundary to adjust the boundary time.
- Hold Ctrl while clicking and dragging a phoneme boundary to shift all subsequent phoneme boundaries by the same amount. This has the effect of lengthening or shortening the total length of the lip-synch animation.
- Hold Shift to select a range of phonemes.
- Double-click on a phoneme to hear the audio associated with it
- Use the right-click menu to :
- Delete the selection
- Insert a phoneme
- Group/ungroup a bunch of phonemes to a word
- Change the selected phoneme
- Rename the selected word
- Reanalyze a range of phonemes (text tags will be ignored)
Phoneme Bar Keyboard Shortcuts
|LMB Dbl.Click||Play Selected|
|Ctrl + LMB Drag||Push all phonemes|
|RMB + Click||Phoneme Options|
|Shift + LMB Click||Select Multiple|
|Shift + LMB Dbl. Click||Play Multiple|
|Ctrl + W||Zoom to selection|
|Ctrl + Q |
Ctrl + G
Ctrl + U
Ctrl + D
Shift + Space
Insert silence phoneme
Group selected phonemes to a word
Ungroup selected words
Quick-change selected phonemes