Audio files are referenced by .facefx and .animset files. The relative and absolute paths to the audio are stored.
- Clientspec - This clientspec is the root for relative audio paths.
- When FaceFx is startup for the first time, a warning is displayed that the facefx.clientspec file can't be found and that a new one was created for you. The program install directory is the default clientspec root.
- The facefx.clientspec file is located in the FaceFX Studio program folder inside the user's documents directory.
- The facefx.clientspec is a simple text file that can be edited manually
- You can modify the facefx.clientspec file by setting the g_clientspecroot console variable.
- Relative vs. Absolute File Paths
- Relative and Absolute file paths are stored for audio files.
- When a relative filepath can't be found, the absolute filepath is loaded. If that is found, the relative path is updated. If neither is found, no audio is loaded.
- If you have changed the folder where your audio is located, when you update one animation's audio, all animations in that group whose audio has moved to the same new folder can be updated as well.
- Resampling - FaceFX resamples audio files when it loads them to 16kHz, 16-bit. For long files, this can take a considerable amount of time, so consider resampling them on disk. FaceFX keeps recently resampled audio in it's audio cache.
- Text files contain the text transcription for the audio. The text files should have the same base filename as the audio file, and be located in the same folder with the ".txt" file extension in order for FaceFX Studio to find the text during analysis (batch analysis or single-file analysis).
- To override this behavior during batch analysis, use the preloadtext python callback.
FaceFX Studio will load an Ogre .MESH or .SCENE file with the name specified by the "Render Asset" in the FaceFX Studio Actor->Change Render Asset menu. Ogre .MESH, .SKELETON, .SCENE, .MATERIAL, and texture files can be located in several locations in order for FaceFX to find them:
- In one of the subfolders off of the program install directory's Ogre/Resources folder
- In one of the subfolders off of the user directory's FaceFX Studio 20XX/Ogre/Resources folder
- In the same folder as the .facefx file