- Names are the interface for hooking curves up to nodes. If a curve has the same name as a node, the curve will drive the node.
- Names are case-sensitive. ( name != NaMe )
- Names may not contain the pipe character ("|"), which is used by the command system to separate names in an array of names ( "name1|name2|name3" )
- Names are stored in a nametable for fast in-game operations
- The "Global Search and Replace Name" feature available from the edit menu does not permit renaming to an existing name.
- Renaming to an existing name is possible by exporting to XML, renaming in text, then importing the modified XML file. Extra care must be taken not to create duplicate FaceFX objects (nodes, animations, animation groups, etc.).